Sodexo currently has an opening for an Executive Chef 2 to join our healthcare Food Service team at Hamilton Medical Center in Dalton, GA, located near the metro Chattanooga, TN area. The Executive Chef will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for the execution of the day to day food service operations for patient feeding, retail food service and catering at this outstanding account. This is a 283 acute care facility that run's Sodexo's At Your Request for patient meal services.
This is a high impact, high visibility position that is responsible for enhancing our patient satisfaction, and retail customer dining experience through culinary creativity, food presentation and overall leadership presence at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides hands on leadership and direction for 10 employees
- Oversees food service production for inpatient, retail locations and catered events
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the production environment including menu development, inventory, purchasing, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Accountable for positively impacting patient satisfaction with associated with food service.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the culinary team, including Sodexo required training.
- Actively becomes involved in the account through exhibition cooking, educational presentations, and cooking presentations.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and overall cost controls for the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures customer and client satisfaction.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with a passion for the culinary arts.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current wellness and culinary trends and sustainability.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Menu planning experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high volume, fast paced healthcare environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully engage, lead and develop a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.