The Latin American Studies Program (LASP) in San Jose, Costa Rica invites applications for a Program Director to provide leadership and direction for the educational, student development, residential life, and administrative components of the program. LASP has a thirty-year history of excellence in experiential education and extensive support networks throughout Latin America. It is one of nine off-campus programs operated by the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities and is supported by a Washington, D.C.-based administrative team.
The Council is a professional association of 180 campuses in 20 nations whose mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help our member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth. The Council coordinates professional development opportunities for administrators and faculty, manages U.S. based and international off-campus student programs, provides public advocacy for Christ-centered higher education and manages cooperative efforts among its member campuses (www.cccu.org).
• In collaboration with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, provide a distinctive identity and vision for LASP that is consistent with the CCCU vision for off-campus programs.
• Oversee the development and implementation of academic programs that are appropriate to the Latin American context, attractive to CCCU member schools, and provide for optimal enrollment.
• Function as the primary officer responsible for LASP operations, including:
o Budget and finances
o Facilities and equipment
o Community relations
• Provide academic instruction and oversee academic operations such as curriculum design, syllabi, grading, experiential learning activities, etc.
• Oversee programs and activities that enhance a Christ-centered learning community and foster students’ spiritual and emotional development.
• Oversee a regular cycle of assessment and adjustment of courses, curricula, and program activities.
• Supervise LASP staff members and assist their ongoing professional development.
• Collaborate with the Director of Enrollment and Campus Relations in maintaining a current Emergency Response Plan and training staff appropriately.
• Partner with CCCU staff in student recruitment and in maintaining effective communications with CCCU member campuses.
• Maintain a regular communication process with LASP alumni.
• Participate in regular communication and collaborative decision-making with the VPAA, the Chief Financial Officer, and other CCCU program directors.
• Collaborate with the VPAA in the preparation of a self-study document every six years that serves as the basis of a program review by the Student Academic Programs Commission.
• Maintain scholarly engagement in one’s academic discipline.
• Other duties as assigned.